Energy Storage Venting Solution
BESS Ex Explosion Venting for Energy
The BESS-eX® is a ground-breaking solution for explosion venting in battery energy storage systems (BESS). In the pursuit of sustainable and green energy, BESS-eX® makes a substantial stride by assuring safety from the risk of fires and explosions in large-scale installations.
- The BESS-eX® vent possesses the capacity to handle static over/under pressure conditions up to 50 percent of the rated rupture pressure.
- It features a cross-rib and folded edges ensuring long-life durability and venting efficiency.
- With an integrated flange gasket, insulated panels, and a corrosion-resistant stainless steel body, this product promises durability in diverse environments.
- The BESS-eX® vent is equipped with optional burst sensors and designed for IP66 rating that guards against dust and heavy seas.
- It complies with NFPA 8552020 for the safe design, testing, operation, and maintenance.
- It is a critical protective aid for BESS, catering to diverse applications ranging from standby and off-grid applications to support electricity grids with stored renewably generated energy at times of high demand.
- It finds application in scenarios where thermal runaway might occur, leading to extreme heat causing fire or explosion.
- It is adaptable to scenarios where explosive hydrogen development, control system failures or toxic gases may result, due to off-gassing batteries or system malfunctions.
- Furthermore, as a passive protection device, it serves as an explosion relief vent panel that safely diverts any deflagration to a safe place while avoiding container rupture and structural damage.
WANT MORE TECHNICAL DETAILS? DOWNLOAD OUR DATASHEET.
INTERESTED OR HAVE QUESTIONS? GET IN TOUCH WITH US NOW!